Şintereag

Şintereag commune is located in the central - western part of Bistriţa - Năsăud County, at a distance of 29 km from Bistriţa municipality. It is documentary attested since 1325 under the name of Somkerek, name that suffered phonetic changes along time, until it reached the current name Şintereag.

 

The commune is territorially delimited as follows: in the southern part is bordered by Şieu Măgheruş - Bistriţa-Nasaud County, in the eastern part by Bistriţa municipality; in the southwestern part by Şieu-Odorhei commune and Beclean town and in the northern part by the communes Nimigea, Dumitra and Chiuza - Bistriţa-Năsăud County.

 

Of interest remain the Orthodox Church and the Reformed Church, both for the religious symbolism and for the architectural value of the buildings and collections housed here: collection of old photos, icons and objects of worship. The most significant are the old photos showing aspects of the life and activity of the inhabitants as well as that of the "choir of the Romanian Church United with Rome, Greek-Catholic" from 1938.

 

Blăjenii de Jos locality is a village belonging to Şintereag commune, located approximately 5 km from Şintereag, on both sides of the county road, which accompanies Roşua valley which connects Şintereag with Bistriţa. The village is distinguished by the religious edifice of the Orthodox Church which presents a unique architecture and attracts the interest through the admirable interior painting, considered to be representative for the art specific to Transylvania. Of interest is also the place "La Sărătura".


Blăjenii de Sus locality is located in Dumitra depression. The existence of the village Blăjenii de Sus dates back to the fourteenth century, in the "Papal Diploma". Blăjenii de Sus locality appears in "File de Istorie" (Pages of History), Bistriţa 1976, where according to this document the locality was part of Dăbâca rural district, entering in 1876 in the composition of Bistriţa rural district, having as notary center Blăjenii de Jos together with Caila.


Initially there was only one Blăjeni, called Brașfalău, from the year 1434 in "Dicţionar istoric al localităţilor din Transilvania" (Historical dictionary of the localities in Transylvania). In 1733 are mentioned for the first time two localities: Szas Balasfalva and Olah Balasfalva in the work "Arhiva Someşană nr.4" (Archive of Someş no.4) from 1926.


In 1808, it returns to the old division: Blăjenii de Jos, Blăjenii de Sus and Caila, belonging to Dăbâca rural district. In 1968 the villages Blăjenii de Jos, Blăjenii de Sus and Caila move to Șintereag commune, Bistriţa-Năsăud County.
Caila locality is located in the central-western part of the Hills of Bistriţa. To the northwest of the village, there are several springs and wells with salt water. In the place where the creeks coming from Viilor hill, Piciorul Sării and Sării Hill are joining is a depressionary area (depressionary groove, little square where the waters gather) in which emerge to surface salty springs surrounded by salt efflorescence and salt marsh plants. Salty springs are found also in the south of the village.


Şieu-Sfântu locality is locatedon both sides of DN17, along Şieului valley. It is documentary attested in 1173 under the name of "Igalia" which has reached the age of 800 years in 1973, where it is still preserved the wooden Orthodox Church, dating from the eighteenth century.

 

Cociu locality is located at the flow of Şieu River into Someş, on both sides of the railroad Vatra-Dornei - Cluj, 7 km from Beclean on DJ 172. It is documentary attested since 1329. Noteworthy is a part of the village border "Pe Griva", where it was discovered a Bronze Age settlement, which suggests that life on the territory of the village gets lost in the mists of time.

 

Back